Hi,

I am wondering what is the best way to count how many times a file has
been downloaded. I have the following:

db.define_table('image',
   Field('file', 'upload'),
   Field('downloads','integer', default=0,readable=False,
writable=False))

I have a view that has the following:

{{=A("Download", _href=URL('download', args=image.file))}}

So when Download is clicked the file file will be downloaded.

The function that is called is:

def download():
    return response.download(request,db)

How can i increase the can increase the image.downloads each time a
file is downloaded.

I don't know how or if it is possible to pass the image.id in download
and increase the counter doing something like:

item = db.image[request.vars.id]
new_downloads = item.downloads + 1
item.update_record(downloads=new_downloads)

I tried passing more arguments to download like args=[image.file,
mage.id] but it fails. Any ideas????