That is a good idea too - I will look at it.

Now I have another issue - I have only email/password as login.

The issue is that when the user registers with email - he can enter
lower case or mixed case. When then he logs in he can enter
a mixed case too.

The best solution is to convert email entered to lower case before
registration so the email to be stored as a lower case. Then when the user
enters his email address in login form the email address to be converted to
lower case so it will match the email already stored in lower case in the
database.

I used this on both places but it does not works. It is suggested to use
IS_LOWER but the name tells IS is checking, not converting:

auth.settings.table_user.email.requires=[IS_LOWER(),IS_EMAIL
(),IS_NOT_IN_DB(db,auth.settings.table_user.email)]