Thanks Anthony and Massimo.

I contacted the hosting company and they suggested to install the
additional python instance.

Can you please advise, how would I go about auto-starting web2py with a
proper version of python then?

Thanks,
Adnan

### Reference email from hosting company:
... there would essentially be two installs of python. One at 2.4.3 for
Cpanel and the other python 2.7.2. What would change is the reference for
the version. If coding a typical python program

#/usr/bin/python which would link to #/usr/local/bin/python243 or similar
If coding using 2.7.2 your top of code would look like
#usr/bin/pyton27 which would be linked to the install of python272. They
both would reside on the server.