Remember web2py uses the term 'form' in a very specific way.

So don't think about a web2py form for CRUD operations on child
records.  You need a way to dynamically update the web page so it can
manage the child records.  Web2py provides several approaches to this
problem.

The image blog example in the book outlines a design approach that
will solve your problem.
http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/3#An-image-blog

Also look here for other solutions:
http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/11#The-ajax-function