On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 7:07 PM, Alan Etkin <spame...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Martin Mulone is also developing Instant Press for web2py, with
> similar features i think.

InstantPress is a CMS, I think its goal is to be a CMS just like Joomla,
Drupal or WordPress where some "admin" people have rights to post content
and users can read and comment there.

Movuca is a CMS but its goal is to be all open (or moderated but still
open). I mean, Any registered user can post content, and content can be of
multiple types (Articles, Products, Links, Cook Recipes, Code Recipes etc..)

Movuca will not have some centralized admin area like Instant Press has,
all content will be manageable in-place and privacy/moderate options will
be limitated.

By now It has suport to some content types (Article, Cook Recipe, Code
Recipe and Product) each content type is a Python Class (the data model)
and a web2py custom view, So it is easy for developers to create and
customize more content types.

"Products" in example is a special kind of content type, which when
available starts a new session for the user cart, so it is easy to create a
Social-Commerce. "Cook Recipe" has a different layout ans stars a
"CookBook" and people can add recipes to personal book to print or download
as pdf.

In resume, Instant Press is an organized CMS (just like wordpress). Movuca
is a mess! :)

--

Bruno Rocha
[http://rochacbruno.com.br]