Judging from your error message and our exchange in the comments, I think
the big problem is you might just be missing sqlite3 support for python.

>From your error messages I take it you're running FreeBSD, so you should
install the databases/py-sqlite3 package from ports.

I don't know much about FreeBSD's ports system, but after you install the
py-sqlite3 package, your problem should hopefully be cleared up.

I'm going to assume, from brief reading, you do something like this,
assuming you have the ports tree on your system:

--

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7973660/python-sqlite3-error-in-freebsd-9

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 4:40 AM, Bruce Wade <bruce.w...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/usr/home/detectedstealth/Downloads/web2py/gluon/dal.py", line
>> 4736, in __init__
>>     self._adapter = ADAPTERS[self._dbname](*args)
>>   File "/usr/home/detectedstealth/Downloads/web2py/gluon/dal.py", line
>> 1634, in __init__
>>     raise RuntimeError, "Unable to import driver"
>> RuntimeError: Unable to import driver
>>

>> DEBUG: connect attempt 4, connection error:
>>

>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/usr/home/detectedstealth/Downloads/web2py/gluon/dal.py", line
>> 4736, in __init__
>>     self._adapter = ADAPTERS[self._dbname](*args)
>>   File "/usr/home/detectedstealth/Downloads/web2py/gluon/dal.py", line
>> 1634, in __init__
>>     raise RuntimeError, "Unable to import driver"
>> RuntimeError: Unable to import driver
>>
>> Not I am running python 2.7 and the default database is sqlite.

Bruno Rocha
[http://rochacbruno.com.br]