content types are "posts" but you can customize the fields it has to store
in db. and customize the new/edit/show views.

you can also include specific methods for each content type

you can specify how a content type will be listed and its privacy options.

the idea is to have content types created by community, so you can install
then

http://www.movu.ca/demo/article/show/1/how-to-create-content-types-in-movuca-cms