*include this in the page where you have the form*

<script>
jQuery(function(){
    jQuery(".error").prev().css({"border":"1px solid red"});
});
</script>

*There is a css way for doing this (but not all browsers support css
siblings ~*

.error~input, .error~select, .error~textarea {
    border: 1px solid red;
}

--

Bruno Rocha