Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way in web2py to have "virtual
table" (mean subset of columns from a existing table) access
controlled with the web2py built-in RBAC ??

I mean I have to denormalize to improve speed of an app that use to
have many table that are all using the same pattern. It makes sens to
denormalize since all data contains in these similar tables are
requested all the time with joins. Also, it would make it much easier
to refactor since I will not have to make the same change over 30
similar tables each time I have general modifications (I know about
web2py inheritrance, but I use to sync web2py model and db model by
hand, so I have to generate sql DDL)...

May be I can just define a subset of model on the fly in controller ??

Is there anybody else having the same needs? If so, is there any plan
about virtual table in web2py?

Thanks

Richard