Anthony, thank you.  I appreciate the update.

Bruce, of course you can sell the code.  There is nothing in the GPL
to stop anyone from downloading the Red Hat source, stripping out the
Red Hat copyrighted materials such as logos and trademarks, inserting
my own trade dress, compiling the result and selling DVDs of it on the
street for whatever I can get for them.

You can always redistribute, as the GPL is designed to protect the
freedom to share.  Whether you charge money or not is up to you.