I'm using a lot of custom plugins to allow re-use of code across several of
my web2py apps. But since the plugins are in a state of constant updating,
it's getting to be a pain to keep them all in sync. I use git for version
control (one repo for each app) and for deployment (on Fluxflex). I've
considered trying to use git submodules, but have found them a bit
confusing (in the little time I've spent looking at them). The overall
problem seems to be exacerbated by the fact that a plugin's files are
spread out across the app's file structure. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ian