Migration was not disabled. However, I made a new application
duplicating the original db procedures, and I was able to add a field
in the field definition in db.py.

The new one:
db = DAL('sqlite://storage2.db')
from gluon.tools import Auth
auth = Auth(db)
auth.define_tables()

db.define_table('info',Field('a')
,Field('b')
,Field('c',requires=IS_NOT_EMPTY()),
Field('d'),
Field('e'),
Field('f',requires=IS_NOT_EMPTY())
)

It should be made clear in the documentation that some db operations
must use web2py DAL concepts. In the original, I added a field once
using db.sqlexecute and once in the sqlite3 bash command line and they
do not show in sqlform indicating some operations must have a specific
format which is not defined in the current documentation. Also, in
order to customize sqlform, etc., the underlying definitions should be
made clear in the documentation. I have not looked at the source yet,
but I anticipate this will be time consuming.

There was an initial effort at collaborative documentation. Please
resume this.