You have to manually restart the server to see changes in the module
directory.  Life is simpler if you use Rocket for your local
development.

Modules are useful for common code.  It doesn't make sense to have 15
controllers all doing pretty much the same thing.

Code in the modules directory cannot see the Web2py run environment,
so you need to import and pass a lot of stuff.