I need to have the username added to another SQL table on submission of a form.

This is some of the code:

db.define_table('ips',
    Field('id', 'id'),
    Field('ipaddress','string', length=15, unique=True),
    Field('dateadded', 'datetime', default=request.now),
Field('reportedby', 'string', db.auth_user, writable=False, readable=False),
    Field('updated', 'datetime', default=request.now),
    Field('attacknotes', 'text'),
    Field('b_or_w', 'string', length=1),
    migrate=False)

db.ips.ipaddress.requires = [IS_NOT_IN_DB(db, 'ips.ipaddress')]
db.ips.ipaddress.requires.append(IS_IPV4())

the field 'reportedby' needs to be filled in with the username taken from AD for the logged in user.