Hi,

As per the source code of the auth.register(), if auto-login is enabled,
another DAL query is executed to get the user from auth_user table.

1958 user = self.db(table_user[username] ==
form.vars[username]).select<http://www.web2py.com/examples/static/epydoc/web2py.gluon.tools-pysrc.html#>
().first<http://www.web2py.com/examples/static/epydoc/web2py.gluon.tools-pysrc.html#>
()

This user object is then set in the session and user is redirected to the
page specified.

1959 user =
Storage<http://www.web2py.com/examples/static/epydoc/web2py.gluon.tools-pysrc.html#>
(table_user._filter_fields<http://www.web2py.com/examples/static/epydoc/web2py.gluon.tools-pysrc.html#>
(user, id=True)) 1960
session<http://www.web2py.com/examples/static/epydoc/web2py.gluon.tools-pysrc.html#>
.auth =
Storage<http://www.web2py.com/examples/static/epydoc/web2py.gluon.tools-pysrc.html#>
(user=user,
last_visit=request<http://www.web2py.com/examples/static/epydoc/web2py.gluon.tools-pysrc.html#>
.now, 1961
expiration=self.settings<http://www.web2py.com/examples/static/epydoc/web2py.gluon.tools-pysrc.html#>
.expiration, 1962 hmac_key =
web2py_uuid<http://www.web2py.com/examples/static/epydoc/web2py.gluon.tools-pysrc.html#>
())

But on App engine's HRD, this read (line no: 1958 as above) fails.
As per my understanding, this is because the write operation of the
auth_user table is still not complete so the query returns None and thus
the code in line 1959/1960 fails.

Can somebody suggest a workaround for this problem ?
I would really like to include the auto login feature in my app.

Also what does the line of code in *line number: 1959* exactly does ?

Thanks,
Sushant