Sorry if this has been posted earlier; I could not find it immediately
in the group. I think the web2py web editor sometimes messes up the
code indentation. Has anyone else seen this?

Open a bugfree default.py file (which has been generated elsewhere and
is working fine) in the web2py web editor from the admin interface.
Save it without making any edits. Sometimes (but not always) this
leads to multiple Indentation Errors which need to be corrected before
the file will work again. It's usually that the indentation
'disappears' and I have to add it in again manually. Could it have
something to do with tabs/spaces?

For instance a file that contains:

if a>b:
    print a

could open up in the web editor and look like:

if a>b:
print a

and give a compilation Indentation Error when saved.