> I kept having trouble after I took the routes.py out, and I think my
> issue was that web2py wasn't always figuring out my
> redirect(URL('pagename'))'s correctly. I explicitly added in the app
> and controller names to all the redirects and it solved whatever was
> happening.

When you do URL('pagename') it takes 'pagename' as the function and assumes
the current request.application and request.controller as the application
and controller (it does *not* assume the default application and controller
as specified in routes.py). If you're staying with the same app, you can
safely exclude the app from URL(), but it's generally safest to include the
controller (makes it easier to understand the code as well).

Anthony