The web ticket output is managed by this code:

<web2py>/applications/admin/controllers/default.py (see function ticket and
ticketdb and errors)
<web2py>/applications/admin/views/default/<view name> (see function ticket
and ticketdb and errors)

Errors is the error panel to show and classify the tickets, ticket and
ticketdb return a single ticket for examination.

It seems that the html output is handled at the controller using the gluon
RestrictedError and TRACEBACK class (defined in default.py)
If you don't want html output then it would be enough to instantiate the
RestrictedError object and use it's methods.