Yes, I have started moving everything from models to custom api modules
this weekend.

I am going to try to use most of the tips provided by everyone.

For the adviewer I will look to see what is calling 10 query's. However I
can not cache this query as the returned ads most be random for every user.
Also I load 5 ads at first so besides rating the ad there should only be
one major query ever 5 * 20 (seconds).

I will have a lot of these changes done by Weds and will provide a new
profile report.

--
Thanks

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Massimo Di Pierro <
massimo.dipie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If one has more than 10 tables, one should use conditional models and one
> should move all state dependent settings into the controllers that need
> them,
>
> Massimo
>

> On Monday, 14 May 2012 11:36:00 UTC-5, pbreit wrote:
>>
>> Aren't 135 table definitions going to be a problem in a high volume app?
>> Aren't many/most of those 85k-100k function calls going to
>> examining/parsing all those tabledefs?

Regards,
Bruce Wade
http://ca.linkedin.com/in/brucelwade