Hi,
Is your specific question how to visually display a decision tree in a
web2py application ?

I have been playing around with D3 (Data Driven Documents)  see d3js.org,
 which I think is the best thing since sliced bread !
Have a look at this example for some ideas / possibilities.
  http://bl.ocks.org/999346, or this one http://bl.ocks.org/1249394

I have built a few simple proof of concept apps with web2py by building
controllers that return json files for the thing you are visualising.
However, in the words of Ward Cunningham talking about D3 "There is a
learning curve there", but he also said looking into it's code "... The
most rewarding work I've done this year"

You could also use Graphviz, which I've also used with web2py, but I'm now
trying to get my graphviz diagrams (static diagrams) to come out more
dynamically with d3.
Have a look and let me know what you think.

Andrew W