No (or at least not me), the many connections are from the web navigator, that send many get / options or propfind requests for dav/svn, when i try only one time to access. Its the same if I use a dav or svn client, and with the file explorer included in the application they send many request.

I suposse that apache opens a thread in each request.

But with a direct mysql connection (using the mysql library included in gluon) we can close all the connections without problems.