The conditional models are good, but the problem is the fact that they are
not reusable, when you need the same table on multiple controllers, or you
have to define it globally, or you have to repeat the definition on every
sub model.

I think having a module with functions or classes to define the tables are
better, and qhen you have this, you dont need to use submodels, because you
can run each desired function/class direclty on the controller.