10 minutes is all right. Still, if there are two methods and they are
qualitatively equal apart from speed, I'd prefer to use the faster one.

So posing the question, once again, is there a compelling reason to use the
DAL for bulk uploads. More specficially, what extras, if any, are being
added by the DAL for inserts that a bulk insert using SQLLite directly
won't add?