>    - I have written an application with contains only the scheduler. It
>    woks, but does the scheduler need it's own application? What is the best
>    way to communicate between the Scheduler and the Main application
>
>  Scheduler is intended to be "embedded" into an application. An
application with scheduler only has little sense.

>    - Then I have tried to add a scheduler to an existing application. The
>    worker shows it's heartbeat, but does not pick up any task, What could be
>    wrong?
>
> Depends on many factors...let's start to say: how did you add the tasks ?

>    - What is the best way to start both (scheduler and other application)
>    in Linux and in Windows?
>    python web2py.py myapp -K myscheduler is the wrong way
>
> Scheduler is meant to work as a separate process. Ideally you'd have to
start the webserver in the usual way (web2py.py -a 'yourpass') and the
scheduler in a separate terminal/dos shell (web2py.py -K myapp) . Trunk
permits to have ~the same behaviour with web2py.py -a 'yourpass' -K myapp
-X: this will start the webserver and in a separate process the scheduler.

>    - In the scheduler_worker there is a field called "is_ticker": what
>    does it mean?
>
> It's used for leader election, useful when you have multiple workers to
handle better the job distribution (summary: internal use)

BTW: at https://github.com/niphlod/w2p_scheduler_tests there is a complete
demo app on scheduler, how it works and how to use it.