I believe the second argument of ajax() can also be a string jQuery
selector, which can be a selector for an entire form, whose inputs will
then be serialized and posted. Good point, though -- when the second
argument is a list of field names, maybe we should allow an additional
parameter to specify a scope for those fields via an additional jQuery
selector.

Anthony