Without OAuth and permissions I only can see one way.

The twitter url for tweets is:

def tweet():
    tweet_url =
"https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?original_referer=%(referer)s&related=%(related)s&source=%(source)s&text=%(text)s"
    form = SQLFORM(db.tweets)
    if form.process().accepted:
        if form.vars.tweetthis:
            data = dict(referer="mysiteurl.com",
                            related="mytwittername",
                            source="myappname",
                            text=form.vars.tweet_text)
            redirect(tweet_url % data)  # here you can choose to use
Javascript and open in a popup (aditional logic needed)
    return dict(form=form)