Please don't spread FUD. The news only says that the DESKTOP CD IMAGE will
not contain python 2.x, this doesn't mean Ubuntu 12.10 will remove python
2.x from the distribution. This also doesn't affect server images, or any
other Ubuntu images. The server cd image and other images will contain
Python 2.x as usual.

Even if you do a fresh install from the desktop cd image, all you'll need
to do is run 'apt get' or use whichever GUI you use to install packages
from the Ubuntu repository, same as you'd do for any other software that is
a part of Ubuntu but not distributed on the install media.

I believe this Ubuntu's decision is a mistake nevertheless. I have nothing
against python 3, but who ever is behind such "political statements", isn't
helping it's promotion with such moves. IMHO, naturally...

Regards,
Ales