I think you encountered another fine feature of my patches to the
production book: cache headers correcly set ... Useful when the book
sources rarely change but not so if you're hitting f5 to see the results of
your work. Changing that line (95) definitely triggers the output to be
re-converted to markmin all the time, but to have your browser refetching
the content you may want to ctrl+f5 the page.

Or, comment out lines 92,93,94.