Following on an earlier question of mine, I'm trying to arrange for
persistent data (per user) by writing session data to the db. The trick I'm
stumbling over is how to make sure that the session data that is stored
always represents the end of the most recent user session. It seems to me
like the best solution would be to set up a cron job to (a) check for
session files that haven't been changed recently; and (b) write their data
to the db.

Looking at the contents of a session file, though, I'm not sure how to read
data from them. Is there a gluon class that I can call from the cron
script? Am I going to run into problems with decrypting hashed data?

Thanks,

Ian