Man, you got the point. :)
I was running web2py with 2.7 and then I tried the SDK with 2.5. Of course
I created a kind of conflict.
Cleaning the whole web2py from the pyc files and launching the SDK with
python 2.5 worked perfectly! :)

I still do not know why on archlinux I cannot develop with python 2.7
whereas I can on ubuntu.
If I find the reason out, I will let you know.

Thank you again Massimo. You solved another issue today! :)

A nice Wednesday to everybody!
David