Hey Geoff,

On Jun 1, 2007, at 9:51 AM, Geoffrey Garen wrote:

Hi Luciano.

I've found that the required exports from JavaScriptCore change all the time based on new functionality in WebCore or architectural changes in JavaScriptCore. I think that kind of documentation could quickly get out of sync with reality.

As I understand it, it's not documentation, but an alternative way of controlling the actual exports. Instead of an export file you can declare symbol visibility at compile time. In theory this could somewhat improve codegen, since the compiler would know some functions are not exported at compile time, not just link time.

 - Maciej

Geoff