Dave, Adam, and All,

Thanks for your helpful answers. I still have some more questions for you guys:

1- Dave said "Image test is required to capture expected results that a text based test can't". Can you please provide me with a path/name of one of these cases?

2- I actually need to know which of the layout test cases I'm adding requires Image test, so I can generate the PNGs and Checksums for these specific test cases (through the -p option of the "run-webkit-tests" script)- Or do you think that it's better to generate the PNGs and checksums for all the test cases I'm planning to add?

3- How is the PNGs comparison implemented for regression testing? (in the text based tests it's  a string comparison how about the image based tests?)

4- What are the Checksum files used for?

5- So, please correct me if there's anything missing in the following steps: In order to test a WebKit based port other than Safari and Qt with WebKit's Layout tests I need to:

         a- update the "run-webkit-tests" Perl script.

         b- port the "DumpRenderTree" app.

         c- regenerate the expected results for each of the layout tests

          (knowing that the render tree dumps are different for each platform)

Thanks.

-Reem