On Jun 12, 2007, at 2:33 PM, Darin Adler wrote:

I think we'll have to rethink this. ResourceHandle is intended to be a low level networking layer, and so it doesn't make sense to have higher level concepts like a Frame*, but clearly we'll need to make a design change so there's a higher level that's easy to plug in to.

Or we can just give up on the notion of ResourceHandle as a low level networking abstraction.

As Darin says, the intent is that ResourceLoader is the layer that knows about high-level networking stuff in the engine, ResourceHandle is supposed to be low-level and ignorant of the higher-level loading code. In my opinion, the right way to put in hooks that depend on the loading context would be to add appropriate ResourceHandleClient methods.