On Jul 17, 2007, at 9:49 AM, Paul Bakker wrote:

Hi,

Trying to download and install WebKit, following the instructions at http://webkit.org/building/tools.html , but am running into the following:

First I downloaded the tar file with sourcecode, but unzipping it gave errors in my McAffee (up to date0 firewall software.

Then I tried through “svn checkout http://svn.webkit.org/repository/webkit/trunk WebKit” in Cygwin. it goes for quite a while and then the same error.

Cygwin fails with the following message:
A    WebKit/LayoutTests/fast/encoding/noscript-in-head-expected.txt
A WebKit/LayoutTests/fast/encoding/denormalised-voiced-japanese- chars-expected.png svn: Can't open file 'WebKit/LayoutTests/fast/encoding/.svn/tmp/text- base/utf-32-big-endian-nobom.xml.svn-base': No such file or directory

In my firewall software, I see this file is removed due to a “ Exploit-ObscuredHtml (Trojan). Following a link in the FW software, I get this: http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=131453

So, are there actually Trojan horses within the sourcecode files?!?! Of is my FW software complaining about nothing and should I just disable the FW temporarily?

No, there aren't trojans in the source code. But some of our test files do unusual things on purpose to test behavior in edge cases, and it sounds like your firewall software is unhappy about that.