Hi Jean-Charles,

On Jul 20, 2007, at 1:06 PM, Jean-Charles VERDIE (Pleyo) wrote:

Dear Webkitters,

Pleyo, by my voice and others such as Max or Sebastien, has been talking here now and then about the future outcome of its own refactored version of WebKit, based on a specific Abstraction Layer that we believe would help make portage to embedded platforms easier.

We are finally ready to show you the very first iteration. It's based on the rev. 19826 of WebKit, code named Robespierre as the french revolutionnary hero :)

Since we are not willing to head to a fork, we hope that some (not to say more...) of our changes will eventually go back to WebKit trunk, while we will keep merging from WebKit ToT on a regular basis. So expect to see some patchs arrive in the following weeks, Maxime already started sending some and more pleyo folks do the same in a near future...

The website is not really finalized but we couldn't wait to get some feedback on our work. We will add more details on legal, extensions and technical architecture later.

Welcome to the WebKit community. We look forward to your contributions, and we especially appreciate the great patches that Maxime has been sending the past few months.