On Jul 31, 2007, at 3:07 PM, David D. Kilzer wrote:

Joe Auty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Apparently the developers are working on adding Safari advanced
interface support, but in the meantime I was sort of curious as to what the technical hurdles may have been with supporting Safari? Does Safari
have some issues with parsing XML documents that Gecko is capable of
handling?

XML parsing support has been greatly enhanced (thanks ap!) in WebKit since the last version was released with Safari 2.0.x. The first question (technical hurdles for supporting Safari) would probably be best asked of the AtMail
developers who know much more about what Gecko features it uses.

Bug reports about specific failures on http://bugs.webkit.org/ are always
welcome!  (Reduced test cases will help them get fixed even faster.)

We support XML in general quite well, but we have no support for XUL, which is a proprietary Mozilla-specific UI language. It sounds like AtMail has dependend heavily on proprietary, browser-specific technologies in both IE and Mozilla, which is somewhat unfortunate. They could probably do much of what they need to with standard, cross- browser web technologies.

Regards,
Maciej