Thanks for the info and links.  I was hoping for more of a time-line, but it

looks like that would be a bit premature for this project, eh?  Seems to
be in an early stage -- hence the home on trolltech's lab.

The production build I was able to complete either crashed or rendered
nothing at all.  Unexpected, gmail.com was the only URL that did not
crash for me in limited testing.  And since I could not complete the debug
build, I can't tell you much about the failure modes!

I have had better results with earlier builds, so I'm guessing this is
an anomaly.

Common sense tells me WebKitQt will not be a viable option for us
in the 6-9 month time-frame.  But we are Qt-based and we really
want a cross platform browser solution, so I may be able to offer
some help -- provided there is some hope of hitting a stable release
in our short horizon.

Cheers,
KC