On Oct 17, 2007, at 7:22 AM, Jim Leether wrote:

I have been building an AIR application for the US DOD since May and didn’t realize until moving my project up from the development box to the production box that Common Access Cards are not supported. If my research is correct, I see that CAC is supported by the MAC OS-X version of Safari, but not the Windows version as of yet. I also understand that Safari and Webkit aren’t the exact same thing. Many of my cfc files and html content sits behind a CAC enabled site. Is CAC support in the future of Webkit and AIR?

Common Access Card support is a feature of the networking layer, not the browser engine. WebKit doesn't itself have a networking layer.

Different ports connect to the appropriate networking layer on each platform. So the question of whether Common Access Cards are supported are independent for Mac OS X, Windows, and AIR.

To make it clear that you'd like this feature for Windows, a bug report at <http://bugreport.apple.com> would be welcome.

I don't know what the answer is for AIR; I'm not sure what the best way to contact Adobe about this is.

    -- Darin