Hi folks.

I've noticed some new code going in using some of the Deprecated- prefix classes, such as DeprecatedString.

While in some cases this could be unavoidable, in general it's a step backwards for the project.

We're working as hard as we can to eliminate these classes entirely, and if you add more uses it makes that job harder. Please go out of your way to use suitable replacements, for example String instead of DeprecatedString.

This applies double for platform-specific code, since that makes it even harder to remove for someone working on another platform.

Please don't use DeprecatedXXX in new code, and if you think you have to, talk to other people on the project about it.

    -- Darin