Hi,

Le 12 janv. 08 à 08:51, Mark Rowe a écrit :

Another immediate need is if you did this I'd like to ask Pleyo to
move there development over
to this new open git server. Pleyo has done some fairly innovative
work but they have diverged
from the main tree and it would take time and effort to take some of
there ideas and adopt them
to the mainline code base. I'm not speaking for Pleyo but its a shame
that their work has no easy
way to make it back into the mainline development tree.

As far as I am aware they have made little effort to contribute changes back. Pleyo has been more than willing to merge changes from trunk WebKit, or even unfinished patches in Bugzilla, so claiming they need git to make submitting changes possible feels very much like blaming the tools for a social problem.

Sorry to interfere in your discussion :)
Mike- I'm not sure we need git at Pleyo, and I am reluctant to the idea that having git would miraculously solve the problem of proposing our changes to the community. I have, weeks ago, asked again and again for some kind of access to the official repository, whether a branch or whatever so that we can start showing of that our changes do not "break everything" and are not "that far away", so that the community can assess what is worth being merged and what is not. On the other hand, Mark, I don't think it's fair to say that in the current state of both webkit trunk and our version, we could simply deposit patchs on bugzilla and that it would be the solution, we have too many changes which are often related to each others, so I assume that it would not work, which is why I made the request mentioned above. I have no answer yet wrt to this proposal so I assume it has not yet been rejected ;)

Best regards,
Jean-Charles

--
Jean-Charles Verdié

Join OWB team on freenode IRC, channel #owb

Pleyo, CTO
mobile: +33 (0)6 282 616 05
skype: jcverdie