2008/5/18 Maciej Stachowiak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> So we started SquirrelFish, an incremental rewrite of JavaScriptCore's
> execution logic to convert it into a state-of-the art bytecode VM.
> Most of this work has been done on a branch of the public SVN
> repository, to avoid destabilizing the trunk. We are now very close to
> finishing off the last few blockers. There will be a formal
> announcement to the general public when we are ready, including
> performance data and more details about the internals. But for now I
> wanted to let WebKit insiders know that it is coming.

Nice! Since it's just an "engine" rewrite, it won't mean any (public)
API changes for JavaScriptCore right?

> We are also at the point where we could use testing help to verify
> that SquirrelFish can handle the real-world web. If anyone would like
> to help test, and is willing to get their hands a bit dirty, check out
> <http://svn.webkit.org/repository/webkit/squirrelfish>.

Just to make it obvious for anyone trying to check out the branch, the
URL above misses the branches dir. The correct URL is

  http://svn.webkit.org/repository/webkit/branches/squirrelfish/

--
Kalle Vahlman, [EMAIL PROTECTED]