The bug on Mac at least is just that NSScrollViews blit when
scrolling, and they know nothing about transparency layers.   Our
solution to similar problems has been to just disable blitting in
these cases and do slow repainting when scrolling happens.  Because
there is *no cache* of transparency layer contents, we are unable to
do a blit directly within the transparency layer itself, so a slow
redraw is the only option.  Moving to a model where we cache bitmaps
for transparency layers is possible but potentially wasteful memory-
wise given the way CSS opacity is designed.

dave