On Jul 21, 2008, at 10:15 PM, Dan Wood wrote:

> I've been looking for an API to convert from a unicode character to
> its named HTML entity (like "€" or "ä") -- if it exists --
> and vice-versa.

Not a specific API, but if you make WebKit parse the text (e.g. with
loadHTMLString:baseURL:), it will be available via DOM methods as
Unicode characters. I do not think that there is any way to make
WebKit do the conversion to named entities - but maybe numeric
entities like "с" would meet your requirements? I'm not quite
sure what you need to achieve though.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov