Hi Kalle,

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 4:47 AM, Kalle Vahlman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> 2008/7/23 Afonso Costa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > Hi Kalle,
> >
> > I upgraded flex in my scratchbox environment and now GtkLauncher is able
> > open www.gtk.org in right way. I compiled flex version 2.3.35 and I
> replaced
> > the old version (/scratchbox/tools/bin/flex) by this one.
> >
> > Maybe put this information on http://maemo.webkit.org/ would be very
> helpful
> > for other people, wouldn't be?
>
> Well, flex .33 *is* in the dependency lists... ;)

Yeah, in my first attempt I installed this version but I didn't know that
was necessary to replace the scratchbox's flex version or install other
updated scratchbox version. This information was too helpful for me and I
think it would be helpful for other people as well.

Anyway, it is already registered in webkit-devel archives ;)

> Rather than repeating that, I'd rather see configure.ac checking for
> the flex version.
> I'm not sure how portable the configure script is supposed to be, but
> for example
> here is an example of how to check the version when common unix tools (sed,
> awk)
> are available:
>

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/quetzalcoatl/mod_python/trunk/configure.in
>
> Any comments from Alp regarding this? I can cook up a patch if using sed &
> awk
> (or just sed) is ok...
>
> --
> Kalle Vahlman, [EMAIL PROTECTED]