On Oct 6, 2008, at 10:56 PM, Bely wrote:

Thanks Dan!

But what fonts should I install on windows to run the tests and where can I get them?

The initialize() function in WebKitTools/DumpRenderTree/win/ DumpRenderTree.cpp lists all of them, alongside other fonts (Ahem and the WebKit* fonts) that are in the WebKit source tree. The Times family alone would probably suffice for the majority of the tests. I do not know how or even whether any or all of the required fonts are available for installation on Windows.

-- Dan

Thanks!

-- Bely
发件人: Dan Bernstein [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
发送时间: 2008年10月7日 11:36
收件人: Bely
抄送: 'Mark Rowe'; webkit-dev@lists.webkit.org
主题: Re: [webkit-dev] 答复: About the layout test result.

On Oct 6, 2008, at 7:55 PM, Bely wrote:

Hi Mark,

    Thanks for your reply!

I am running the tests on windows, with cygwin installed. After build it in VC8 using “debug”

configuration, I execute the tests by invoking run-webkit-tests in cygwin console like:

./run-webkit-tests

First time it says WebKitGUID.lib is missing, I rename WebKitGUID_debug.lib to WebKitGUID.lib,

And later it says WTF_debug.lib is missing, again I rename WTF_debug.lib to WTF.lib, then I began to run the tests and

Got the result.

Is there anything wrong with my process?

Hi Bely,

Many layout tests’ results are dependent on the fonts that are available on the system. When you run the tests on Windows, the results for most tests are compared against the expected results in LayoutTests/platform/mac, so it is expected that the results will mismatch, because a typical installation of Windows is missing many fonts that are available on Mac OS X.

Thanks,
-- Dan

Thanks!

- Bely