Hey,

there are some comments in Frame.h regarding moving functionality to different
classes and on IRC it was confirmed that the comments are old but current. I
have decided to do something about it.

I have created a git branch[1] on George's server that will contain the work
in progress of the moving. I'm currently moving stuff around, it will be
followed by build fixes and speculative changes for Qt, Mac and then regression
testing on the mac. I hope to be finished with this by the start of the yearly
CCC event.

Meanwhile I would like to start some discussion on how this patch should be
put into the bugtracker and comments on the moving.

I wonder if I should put each move up for separate review and then land it in
one go? Should I create a bug report for that?

Moving comments:

Zoom and FrameView:
        - Currently on history navigation (back/forward) we create a new
FrameView.
When storing the Zoom information in the FrameView instead of the Frame the
Kit parts need to properly restore the Zoom Information? Is that wanted?
should we leave this functionality in the frame?

Status and Chrome:
        - For statusBarText and defaultStatusBarText? Do we really need to
store the
defaults? If yes should we do it in Chrome? Would the DOMWindow be a better
place to store them? What I have difficulties with is that the information is
set on the Chrome/Kit but that we can have a per frame default...

Editing:
        - I have killed Frame::removeEditingStyleFromElement and
Frame::removeEditingStyleFromBodyElement they have been no-ops since the end
of 2006.

z.

[1] http://code.staikos.net/cgi-
bin/gitweb.cgi?p=webkit;a=shortlog;h=holger/frame-refactor