On 13.04.2009, at 11:05, Sam Weinig wrote:

Why this change? It is mentioned in ChangeLog, but with no explanation. MessagePort is defined in section 7.3 of HTML5, which is not at all surprisingly called "Channel messaging". I suggest undoing this change, unless there is a significant reason for it.

My mistake. We don't seem to compile with CHANNEL_MESSAGING enabled, but I thought we supported MessagePorts, so I was confused.

Currently, the only way to create a MessagePort is via a MessageChannel. That is fully implemented in ToT, however the MessagePort API may need to change to better suit worker needs, so we don't want to expose it yet.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov