22.04.2009, в 2:31, Drew Wilson написал(а):

David's take is that long term we'll need to change the loader code so it is not dependent on a specific frame - his upcoming refactoring may facilitate this, but there will still be a significant amount of work to achieve this in WebKit. Over the short term, he suggested that we might be able to suspend the parent frame, such that it still exists for the purposes of allowing associated workers to perform network loads, but it itself no longer has an open window and its active DOM objects are shutdown. When the last child worker exits, the parent frame can be completely discarded.

A problem with this approach is communicating to the user - e.g. asking for HTTP authentication credentials. Without an open window, it won't be possible to display a sheet, and if we were to display a dialog window instead, the user wouldn't know which site needs the credentials.

We do need to make loading work for frameless documents (e.g. to support XSLT document() function), but in other cases I'm aware of, we can rely on a parent window being visible.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov