On May 13, 2009, at 2:11 PM, Ben Harper wrote:

I need to produce a tool that can generate PDFs from HTML. The best solution I can think of is to use WebKit's layout engine, and plug my own PDF generator in as a renderer backend. I don't want to reinvent the wheel though - so I'm asking here has this been done already, or are there other obvious solution out there that I'm missing?

It depends what platform you’re talking about. The Mac OS X version of WebKit already offers this capability, since printing on Mac OS X is based on PDF. The PDFOperationWithView method of NSPrintOperation can work for this purpose.

    -- Darin