Hi Sebastian.

JSEvaluateScript can only evaluate JavaScript; it can't parse HTML.

Cheers,
Geoff

On Jun 10, 2009, at 10:05 PM, Sebastian Linke wrote:

Hi,

based on my experiences when I ran some javascript code on a webkit context,
I was trying to do the same with "normal" html code.

It may sound a bit naive, but I simply passed the whole content of a website to `JSEvaluateScript()`, using `JSGlobalContextCreate(NULL)` as the context.

This did - as almost expected - not work. The only result I got back was
`undefined`.

So my question is: How does webkit handle this? In what kind of way is a javascript containing website given to the js engine to get back the right result after code execution (e.g. today's date displayed on the screen)?

Or do things not go the way I think about and there is no html generated
return value sent from JSCore? (Hope you know what I mean...)

Regards

Sebastian

PS: My code example: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/122370/